Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Eid Mubarak!


Eid Mubarak from my Paapi Thobra To You and Your Family

This kindly gentleman's picture came up in a Google Image Search for "Sheer Korma". That will teach me to turn the Safe Search off while looking for pictures of Pakistani "sweeties". Anyway, Eid Mubarak folks! As we all know, today, October 1st 2008 was the one and only true official day that Eid could and should be observed and the those of you who didn't can choke on a bottle of ittar (Muslim Perfume). I totally saw the moon over the Boonton mosque bro, I don't care what the NASA Lunar Calendar says.

While it's sad that year after year we have the same discussion about how it's disappointing that we can't agree on a universal date for Eid, it should be noted that it really is the most pleasant of days. Whether you celebrate it today like you should or celebrated it yesterday like the unrighteous Jezebel you are (joke yaar), everyone seems to have a nice hop in their step. So round up the kids, put on your nicest Eidcentric bling, and enjoy the our little Eidee to you below.

I was going to post a Sami Yousuf video here celebrating Eid, but frankly felt that it lacked the authenticity that I was looking for. So without further ado, I present this clip from the hit 2002 Hindi movie, Tumko Na Bhool Payenge, starring Salman Khan and his Muslim Topi. For the non-Muslims out there, this really is how we celebrate Eid at our houses. In fact, the complicated steps from 2:36 - 2:52, could be entered into evidence as an accurate re-enactment of how I greeted my father this morning.

Eid Mubarak everyone.


1 comments:

F.M. on October 2, 2008 at 9:17 PM said...

eid mubarak everybody. hug left hug right hug left (or is it right left right?)