Thursday, November 20, 2008

House Cleaning Item


Muhammad Ali Jinha and Gandhi at a Delta Chi Frat party circa 1946. Not Pictured: Nehru Playing Beer Pong with Alama Iqbal

Since this is the week we're officially selling out, why not go all the way. Hey everybody, Eighty East performs tonight in Newark! In the interest of full disclosure, I must reveal that I have a personal history with Eighty East. Once about 4 years ago, Sid the drummer and I shared a candlelit dinner on the banks of the Passaic River. It was a beautiful moment and I will not ruin it by going into details, but I feel I must be forthcoming to maintain our journalistic integrity.

Anyway, the band is performing as part of the Rutgers PSA / ISA Unity event tonight in Newark. Details below:

When: November 20th @ 7pm
Where: Multi-Purpose Room in Paul Robeson Campus Center
350 MLK Blvd.
Newark, NJ

Along with Eighty East, you can look forward to performances by some dance crews I'm sure and like three or four comedy skits highlighting the hilarious fish out of water experiences we Desis run into every day here in the states! In all seriousness, there will be a performance by the very talented Feroz, whose hippitty hoppitty skills you can check out here.

I believe there is a $5 entrance fee, but it's for charity so please lighten up. Not sure what charity it will go to, but I'm guessing it's going to Israel. Those guys end up getting all of our money anyway. KIDDING! See I'm kidding because the event is about unity and being all racist...get it?..Hahaha...no seriously Jews run the world.

See you there!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a totally unrelated note (Eighty East Rocks!...sometimes..ok most of the time, I'm looking at you Dodeja), I present to you...Indian baseballers!! (This is it baby! Jabran Hamdan, Indian baseballers, the brown guy from the French National Futbol Squad, next up, the Desi CP3...im sooo excited)

Note: The link was too long so I had to put a space between mlb/ and 11, so copy and paste upto mlb/ than copy 11/24/ etc. and paste it after the first part or just write it all out, i dont care, why am I even explaining this, can you do nothing on your own!?! Dammit! Be sure to read it though, if only for Singh and Patel's sake.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/
11/24/pirates.indians.ap/index.html?cnn=yes