Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bollywood meets Hollywood; Golden Globes Edition


I think Priyanka should watch her back, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

The Golden Globes were on TV on Sunday and no one watched (seriously) but my sister told me Shahrukh Khan was on it and your favorite movie of the year, the brilliant "Slumdog Millionaire," won a crap load of awards including best picture and best soundtrack. Both were deserved because the soundtrack is brilliant, this is my ringtone and I'm the most popular kid in school. Shahrukh Khan was presenting Slumdog Millionaire with your other bhabi, Frieda Pinto, and given the amount of contempt I have for him I think it means something when I say he did a pretty decent job (minus his fruity tie, I think he should've worn something like this. Video Below). Even Anil Kapoor made the trip to the Golden Globes and while some of you may blast him for not shaving at such a prestigious event I'm going to defend him with the argument that shaving takes a lot of time and it's gonna grow back anyways and you're jealous that you're not man enough to grow such a sweet 'stache (or such copious amounts of body hair). In all Slumdog Millionaire won; Best Drama, Best Director (Danny Boyle), Best Screenplay (Simon Beaufoy), and Best Original Score (AR Rahman, who might be an Indian hobbit). I've been told by my brain that if you win a Golden Globe then you're a shoe in for the Oscar and since that, for some odd reason, is the award everyone wants to win and not a Nickelodean Award as I had thought when I was 8, so fans of the movie should be excited. I know I am.


0 comments: