Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Farewell My King


George Bush is leaving office today and we want to say goodbye to arguably the worst president in the history of the United States of America. We will do so by posting a few of his most memorable youtube moments to see what we'll miss out on when we have a dignified and professional president in office. To be fair, I got the videos and idea from Time magazine.



Perhaps the most favorable youtube moment for Bush, the "Shoethrower" video displayed his surprising agility. Maybe it's not too surprising, after all Bush was a cheerleading captain at Yale. In related news, the shoethrower is still in jail and looking for asylum in Switzerland because his life's in danger or something, I think it's obvious that he's just trying to get out of Iraq and Visas are hard to come by so why not try throwing a shoe at somebody who's unpopular and hope that you make friends that way? That's how I was able to sit with the cool kids at lunch in the eighth grade.



This video is of George Bush dancing with an African band in the Rose Garden in 2007. It's really uncomfortable and I think at the 22 second mark you can see Laura Bush wonder why she married this man. Similarly at the 22 month mark of his second term I think America asked itself why it elected this guy. Again, and really if he was elected twice was his first term really that terrible? My biggest concern with this clip has to do with the stare Bush gives the drummer as he drums. Is he serving him? (more importantly is that Meagan Goode? Do I have to watch this movie?)



(start watching at 1:00) This clip of George Bush talking to Tony Blair made headlines in 2006 for Bush's use of the word "shit." OOOOH! EMBARRASSING! no, that's not newsworthy to me, he's a grown man let him use the words he wants to use, like "misunderestimated". However, I want to know, did he use irony right? What is ironic about Syria telling Hezbollah to stop doing this shit and then it's over. Where's the irony? Please tell me that a Yale educated man and 2 term president knew how to use irony the right way, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I don't think i could handle it if the president learned irony from Alanis Morissette.



Again with the dancing! Not even a school principal would act like this. It's truly embarrassing to think that this man was in charge of our nation. I don't even mind if he's a fun loving guy, it's nice to have a president you can relate to but there's a certain level of professionalism that is needed as president and shuffling around like a moron doesn't meet that level. I don't believe that Bush is stupid I mean he graduated from Yale that has to count for something regardless of who is daddy is but wow, he's just a terrible dancer. Good thing we have a black president now.



Probably the greatest presidential clip until Clinton's "Secrets of the Oval Office" gets released. This one is of George Bush giving Angela Merkel, Germany's Chancellor (she's like the president of Germany), a nice awkward backrub. The reaction from Merkel is truly priceless not only the grimace but the slamming of the fists afterwards. What was he thinking? He was just walking and decided to give her a backrub? Whatever dude, I respect the president for his forthrightness, I tried that same move and now I have a court date set for March. I think Bush should host "Between Two Ferns" we all know he's not going to be a Jimmy Carter type humanitarian so he'll need something to do and this is that something.

0 comments: