Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday!


He looks like the nicest man ever.

Nelson Mandela is going to be celebrating his 90th birthday this week and stories about his life and legacy are all the rage on the interwebs. When I open a restaurant I think I'm going to name it "Mandeli"....uh, never mind. Anyways, Mandela was a pretty cool guy, he was locked up for 37 years and when he got out he was elected president in the first post-apartheid elections. He helped turn South Africa into an example for other African nations to follow (minus all the crime and xenophobia) so he's a pretty special man and deserves a giant party in London. As I was scouring the web for material I found this pretty great article about Mandela's 8 Lessons of Leadership which are applicable to everyone and should be faxed over to the politicians over in the motherland (do you need a phone card to send a cheaper fax?).
Coincidentally I also have a few lessons of leadership. Lesson 1; coup de'tat. Lesson 2; primae noctis. Lesson 3; dance like no one's watching.

0 comments: