Monday, July 21, 2008

Mere Mutabiq Se, You're a Sellout


Not cool bro, not cool.

Dr. Shahid Masood, a Pakistani journalist who rose to prominence by speaking out against the government and gaining the trust of the Pakistani people promptly behaved like most high profile Pakistanis do by selling out to become state owned PTV's managing director. It's not because he wanted it to change it from the inside because the government isn't going to let anything on that they don't appreciate, no it's because he's being paid 750,000 PKR a month (that's over $10,000) with an annual 50,000 PKR raise and his house and utilities are paid for. That's actually not a bad deal. I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to lure me away from the BihariShabab movement they'd have to pay me somewhere along those lines. Or anything at all really. Until then I'll be the voice of those who are too lazy to create blogger accounts, I've got your back Desi People.

Right Dr. Shahid, never surrender.

0 comments: