Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Abbajaan, That's a Sweet 'Stache


I'm sure there are those times when you're kicking back at home with your Abba, maybe cruising Geo Highway (channels 620 and up on Dishnetwork) when you notice that his game, although still tighter than Aamir Khan's shorts in QSQT, just isn't living up to it's full potential. So what's a fly thug like yourself to do when daddy's got a little thicket in the valley of his brows? That's right beta, it's time hit up the beauty salon...

"Pakistan may be a macho, tradition-bound society with conservative Muslim mores, but the male-beauty trade is booming here. Urban professional men, following a trail blazed by their counterparts abroad, are waxing and highlighting and plucking and primping like never before."

I went to Karachi for my cousin's wedding back in '05 and will happily vouch for how awesome the male beauty salons are. All of the male cousins got facials, haircuts, and in one unfortunate case blond tips. Bright yellow highlights aside, it was a great time. They gave us little massages, served hot chai in tiny glasses and I think I may have gotten shaved as well. I don't know, I've blocked that part out.

Please click the link, if only for the Nawaz Sharif hair transplant before / after.

Thanks to Nadia Baji for the link.


Pakistani Men Sitting Pretty (LA Times)

0 comments: