Monday, June 30, 2008

Ask Nas You Don't Want it With Hove.....NOOO!


KUTTI!

When my life as a troubled superstar blogger who transcended race only to be struck down by a crippling case of carpel tunnel syndrome the year after I win the Nobel Peace Prize is translated into a biopic, the part depicting my childhood will have the alternative rock stylings of the 90's as the accompanying soundtrack, while the depiction of my maturation into adulthood will be set to the mainstream and underground rap groovings of 1999 and on. So it is without surprise that I was very excited to see Jay-Z performing Oasis' "Wonderwall" at the Glastonbury music festival in England. I was so excited that I was able to discount the fact that Jay-Z wasn't performing as much as he was mugging for the camera. It's cool though because Jay-Z's song choice was the gentlemanly equivalent of Jay-Z performing "Takeover" at Summer Jam (yeah I sampled your voice you were using it wrong, you made it a hot line, I made it a hot song). You see, the Gallaghers, of Oasis fame, had been publicly criticizing Glastonbury officials for making Jay-Z the headlining act at the traditionally rock music festival (understandable). In response Jay-Z strutted out there and displayed the rap bravado that scared white people back in the day to the joy of all attendees at Glastonbury (also understandable....I'm trying to maintain my neutrality). This could be the sign of the first inter-genre music wars. I expect Oasis to hit back with something substantial while Jigga should be a little rusty from his last battle with DeShawn Stevenson. In the end I expect Noel Gallagher and Jay-Z will sign the treaty that I wrote to end the "ReVoLUtIoNaRy WaRz" and a few months later Beyonce and Amy Winehouse (who's still as dysfunctional as ever) will sing a duet together in honor of the lasting peace I ushered in. I can't wait.


1 comments:

Nabeel on June 30, 2008 at 10:34 AM said...

The most mindboggling version of "wonderwall" I have ever seen, considering Jay-z didn't even try to sing the song. BihariShabab, you have support in bringing this war between two musical legends to the forefront.

Also, I can't wait for Oasis' version of "99 problems".

PS - Jay-z is so cool!