Monday, June 16, 2008

Wait, Was That...I Think It Was!


I miss you guys....

The last time you read a title similar to the one above you were hunting down retina scarring videos of SRK's ass. Well, don't worry I'm not gonna do that to you, not today. Today I'm gonna shoutout some cameos of personalities I have great admiration for, who were on a show I had great admiration for; The Wire. The Wire, for you all who do not know, was the greatest show in the history of television (it's a fact and if you're gonna watch please don't watch that nonsense they put on BET go out and rent or buy seasons 1-5.) Sadly the show wrapped up amid pressure from HBO to end the series since no one was watching because they were all too busy being retarded. Due to these circumstances I have to live with being excited when I see actors who played, NAY! became characters on the show in other things (OMG Lieutenant Cedric Daniels is on Lost!!!!). This week I was fortunate enough to see two of the baddest men to ever walk the streets of Baltimore when I went to watch The Hulk (good movie, better than expected) and when I watched the video for Nasir "Nas" Jones's first song off his new album which I'm not sure if I can post the name of it here but it's the slur of choice for the KKK (kab karate karoge?). In the climactic battle in The Hulk I was blessed to be able to pick out Omar Little AKA "Dat C**k Sucka" from the crowd that was watching The Hulk fight The Abomination. I promptly exclaimed "HEY, OMAR!!!" in the theater and was shushed by the same douchebags that clapped throughout the movie (I'm anti-clapping, in favor of a tali-ban if you will). Then only a few days later I was able to catch Chris Paltrow of "Chris and Snoop" fame when I watched the music video for "Be a Rhymes With Tigger Too" (nsfw for lyrical content) from Nas's new album. The song is great if you aren't a peace loving hippie who is caught up in the controversy, get over it damnit. Although I am a little disappointed that he didn't shout out brown folks, are we not your "rhymes with tigger" too? Needless to say both Omar and Chris gave great nuanced performances in their combined 10 seconds of screen time. Also needless to say; New Jersey smells like a toilet.

UPDATE - Yes, an update even before I post, I watched this video again and recognized some more peoples. First of all, much apologies to other Wire fans for missing the Bubs cameo, it's nice to see Bubbles again. Also, it looks like Harold, from Harold and Kumar, as well as Ando from Heroes are Nas's "rhymes with tiggers" too. Good for them.

0 comments: