Saturday, June 7, 2008

Shan Ka Giraffe Masala



Ahhh the majestic Giraffe. For too long these regal creatures have been relegated to serving as the punchlines of Merton Hanks jokes and as shameful spokesperson for toy conglomerates. That's right Geoffrey the Giraffe, the uncle tom of the giraffe world. There's that and the whole "gay" thing (Link NSFW I guess, but also totally hot. Apparently Giraffes are the Tila Tequila of the animal kingdom.)

Well that's all about to change thanks to Rabbi Shlomo (Shlomo!) Mahfoud:

"The giraffe has all the signs of a ritually pure animal, and the milk forms curds, which strengthened that view," the mass-circulation Yediot Aharonot quoted Rabbi Shlomo Mahfoud as saying.

"Indeed, the giraffe is kosher for eating," said Mahfoud, who was present when the researchers made their finding."

This is excellent news because frankly I think we're committing a giant disservice to the world by limiting ourselves to just eating chicken, beef, lamb, goat, wheat products as well as all the fruits and vegetables. I can't wait to find out what other animals' milk curdles, they should make that a reality show.

Anyway, I'm almost 90% sure this is going to start a 2 hour discussion at my house with my sister thats going to sound something like this..."Eh Le Kitaab...Zabiha...Halal...Haram....Eh Le Kitaab....NOT HALAL, ZABIHA...Eh Le Kitaab....ZABIHA....STOP BADGERING ME, ALL I WANT TO DO IS EAT SOME CHIPOTLE....I HATE YOU."

Delicious.

0 comments: